Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Wonderful Sunday



Yesterday was a  wonderful, fabulous day! My daughter Becky was in a class show for a musical imrov class that she has been taking in Hollywood.  My Husband Dale and I drove up to see it and as always it was a lot of fun.  The shows are fun, with the goal being to make you laugh.  What I enjoy the most is that I have this wonderful, creative college student daughter who actually enjoys spending a little time with us.  We get to go be entertained (and I will admit there is something especially magical about seeing a show with your child in it) and then go out for a meal with Becky and her boyfriend.  I had seen this restaurant online and we went to check it out.  It is Ivan Kane's Cafe Was.  It is styled to be a bohemian bistro bar and live music venue.  Isn't it adorable?



We came at an off time on a late Sunday afternoon.  They were serving brunch, but it was very quiet. This was basically our view looking down at the piano.  It looks like an old fashioned theater.  The food was great.  We enjoyed just being in the really cool environment.  And the fact that it was quiet was  perfect for spending time together and talking.  (We are still getting to know Becky's boyfriend and he is still sizing us up, plus he is quite an entertaining fellow so between him and Becky we didn't need to look any further than our own table for entertainment).  But it would be fun to go back sometime for the nightlife and be there when there when there are musical performances.  The Piano turns, and I guess they do a regular friday night burlesque show.


This adorable little staircase was the cause of a wee bit of embarrassment for me.  As we were leaving  we decided to go upstairs just to peak and see what was up there.  I asked the waiter and he said sure thing just go up those stairs over there.  This adorable staircase was there and I looked up and the doorway at the top kind of looked like it was a mirror.  So I announce rather giddily that it looks just like a mirror in Alice in Wonderland Through The Looking Glass and I can't wait to go thru it.  And while I am saying this and flamboyantly bounding up the stairs the same waiter says "Oh no not those stairs, that is just a mirror up there" and directed us to  the stairs around the corner.  Nice!  A faux staircase and a waiter with a mean streak who totally set me up...and I look like an airhead in front of Becky's boyfriend.  Minus one point mom!



No comments:

Post a Comment